To apply for the position, please email your letter of interest and a resume to Chris Brown.
Community Association Manager
$54,080.00 to $82,080.00/year
Association Management Concepts (AMC) in Northern California is seeking a motivated, detailed, communicative and personable professional to join our team as a Community Association Manager to oversee a portfolio of Homeowner Associations (HOAs). We are an industry leading Association management firm providing extraordinary services to common interest developments. Family owned and operated we pride ourselves on offering best-value services to our clients. AMC is one of the fastest growing HOA management firms which provides our team members’ a unique opportunity to evolve and grow their careers. We pride ourselves on a positive, supportive, and rewarding company culture. We provide training both internally and through trade organizations to develop our employees into successful Community Association Managers.
Community Association Managers typically manage 7 to 9 Homeowner Associations. We believe in a team approach to our operations. This allows our Community Managers to stay focused on their key objectives and offer a level of service, expertise and knowledge that surpasses our client’s expectations, putting people before profits. Our employees are empowered to contribute to their own personal success and the success of others daily. Our team approach to management sets us apart from other association management companies as our managers have full support of administrative staff, and supervisors as they carry out their day-to-day functions.
Community Association Managers perform functions to manage, direct and provide leadership and exceptional customer service to assigned properties. Community Association Managers ensure properties are maintained and operated in accordance with company objectives and facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
- Providing leadership and consulting with our clients on best practices with regard to the management and oversight of their community.
- Prepare association newsletter and/or other communication with owners and residents as required.
- Perform inspections of all common grounds no less than our contractual obligation amount, taking note of any deficiencies followed by the preparation of action plans.
- Perform maintenance walks (as needed) to proactively address issues, meeting with Association vendors as necessary.
- Oversee all construction projects and ensure property maintenance/improvement and other related projects are completed on time and within budget. Maintain open communication and provide timely action updates to the Board and residents.
- Submit invoices to accounting departments in a timely manner and review invoices/checks for accuracy before presenting to the Board of Director
- Process architectural control applications and close them out in a timely manner.
- Prepare, maintain, and submit a wide range of reports, contract lists, presentations, and documents.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the contracts between the associations and vendors.
- Maintain accurate records, files, and communications pertinent to the Association and maintain up-to-date maintenance logs and emergency shut-off procedures book.
- Ensure the client Associations files are fully maintained and organized.
- Work directly with client Association Board of Directors providing the support and guidance necessary for them to meet their operational obligations and fiduciary duties.
- Monitor vendor contracts regularly, submit renewal/cancellation notices, manage contract renewals professionally, and any upcoming insurance renewals.
- Prepare bid comparison analysis and prepare the Request for Proposal for bid solicitation.
- Prepare for, attend, and provide guidance at client Association Board Meetings (some evening work).
- Ensure minutes of all meetings are created and retained in accordance with appropriate law, governing documents, and AMC policies.
- Providing customer service to owners in the communities they serve.
- Implement directives from client Board of Directors.
- Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes, or regulations.
- Review client Association financial statements and invoices for accuracy and advise the Board on financial and budget issues.
- Create HOA annual financial budgets.
- Employee is expected to be available during regular business hours, and to regularly attend evening meetings off-site an average of twice a week as business needs dictate.
An ideal candidate displays excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills with a proven ability to build rapport and relationships with peers, supervisors, clients, and people of diverse backgrounds. Critical thinking and an ability to communicate those thoughts in an articulate manner are desired skills. Strong documentation skills and a high attention to detail are a must. Positive attitude and a strong work ethic are desired traits as the position is both demanding and rewarding. We believe in developing talent from within so no previous HOA Management experience is necessary to apply.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance to all associate levels.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and/or regulations.
- Strong time-management, people skills and flexibility
- Knowledge and ability to apply California Statutes and Community’s documents.
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment, and decision-making ability.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or projects. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to respond to emergencies within an established time frame.
- Ability to adjust to changing circumstances.
- Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds for projects and cash flow management for capital improvements.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficiency in researching the Internet.
- Expertise in typical business correspondence (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.).
- Knowledge of and ability to learn conflict resolution techniques.
- Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. Must be self-driven with the ability to identify, plan, and prioritize business opportunities.
- Engaging personality and optimistic outlook
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- 401(k) matching
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision & Disability)
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 2+ years of Community Association Management
- In office and remote
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented – can focus on the details of work
- High stress tolerance – thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period does apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We are conceived with one paramount idea in mind: to create and develop an association management firm which would consistently deliver premium quality services to homeowners associations throughout northern California.
Mr. Brad Higgins, AMC President
1401 El Camino Ave, Suite 200
Sacramento, California 95815
AMC also has strong relationship with one of the most professional residential property management companies in the Sacramento area, M&M Properties. They also have a property manager located in the area of the property.